Last week I was at Costco and I got two large spaghetti squash for only $5.24! A regular spaghetti squash at the grocery store can be that much for one. It was definitely a deal! I decided to make my spaghetti squash with some mexican flavor. What can I say I love Mexican food! Top with your favorIte toppings and you will be loving this yummy bowl!
Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bowl
Servings: 3 ( 1 1/2 cups)
1 roasted spaghetti squash - only use half the squash
1 can s&w organic black beans, rinse and drain
1/3 cup canned corn, rinse and drain
1 red pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Top with desired toppings
1. Roast your spaghetti squash using steps 1-4.
2. On high, cook black beans, corn, red pepper, cilantro, green enchilada sauce, cumin, chilli, and garlic powder in a large skillet until red pepper is tender. Set aside.
3. With a fork, gently scrape one half of the squash into spaghetti-like strands and mix it with black bean mixture. Scrape out other half and put it in a freezer bag. Freeze for future recipes.
4. On medium heat, cook spaghetti squash with black bean mixture until warm.
5. Put each serving of mexican spaghetti squash in three bowls. Top with desired toppings.
Recipe source: ahappyharvest