My name is Renee and I'm obsessed with hummus! I've always had a thing for creamy food which is why I now have five different hummus recipes! I'm not complaing though. It's delicious, healthy, full of protein, and creamy goodness!
If you love spinach artichoke dip then you're going to love this recipe! Spinach and artichokes meet your new BFF garbanzo beans! This spinach artichoke hummus is amazing! Nothing like hot, creamy, garlicky goodness! Make these delicious bites for your 4th of July celebration or summer party! Just a little note you will only be using half of the hummus recipe for these bites. Save the rest for dipping with your favorite vegetables or pita chips! Hope you have a great holiday weekend!
Spinach Artichoke Hummus Bites
3 cups spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14oz) trader joes artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
2 cans (15oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbs. simple truth tahini
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. water
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
9 mushrooms, remove the stems
1/2 Tbs. hummus
1. Spray nonstick cooking spray on a medium skillet. Cook the spinach, garlic, and artichokes until spinach has wilted.
2. Blend the spinach artichoke mixture with the rest of the hummus ingredients in a high powered blender* (blendtec) using the whole juice button. (This makes the hummus really creamy!)
3. Top 1/2 Tbs. hummus on each zucchini slice and roll. Stuff 1/2 tbs. hummus where you removed the stems.
4. Put the bites on a large microwave safe dish. Turn the microwave table off and cook for 3 min. or until bites are warm! Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
* Use a food processor if you don't have a high powered blender and pulse until hummus are smooth and creamy!
Recipe source: ahappyharvest