Friday, November 6, 2015

Acorn Squash Sweet Potato Apple Bake

    I've had an acorn squash lying around in the kitchen that I've needed to use. This is my first time having an acorn squash and I quite liked it! I baked it with balsamic vinegar where the vinegar taste baked away, but it added a suttle flavor. When I added it to my easy sweet potato apple bake, WOW, it just elevated it's flavor!





Acorn Squash Sweet Potato Apple Bake
Servings: 8 

Ingredients: 
1 acorn squash 
Nonstick olive oil spray 
1-1 1/2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1/2-1 tsp. dried rosemary
2 green onions, chopped

Directions:
1. Make sweet potato apple bake according to it's directions. 

2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheight. Peel acorn squash and chop into bite sized pieces. 

3. Gather squash on a cookie sheet. Spray nonstick spray on top of the squash and combine it with balsamic vinegar. 

4. Bake squash for 30-40 min. until tender. 

5. Place squash in a large dish and sprinkle with rosemary and green onions. 

6. When ready to eat combine acorn squash with the sweet potato apple bake. 

Notes:
Recipe source: ahappyharvest





No comments:

Post a Comment