Friday, October 30, 2015

Mexican Salad Plate

     I've always been someone who likes a little kick. Mexican food is my favorite! I love how you can get creative with mexican salad and put on whatever you like. This plate is just that using a lot of leftovers! I also had to add my favorite hummus because I LOVE hummus! 

    I hope you all are having a good week so far and getting excited for Halloween! I will be carving and drilling my pumpkin with my dad tommorow. I hope it turns out well. Have a great Friday!






Mexican Salad Plate
Servings: 1

Ingredients:
Salad:
Romaine lettuce, chopped (desired amount) 
Corn Mixture:
1/3 cup corn 
3 grape tomatoes, chopped 
1/8 cup chickpeas 
1 Tbs. green chilies 
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. lime juice
Mushroom mixture:
1 mushroom, chopped
2 Tbs. onions, chopped 
1/8 cup peas 
1/8 tsp. chili powder 
2 Tbs. water 

Directions:
1. Place all salad ingredients on a plate. 

2. Combine all corn mixture ingredients. Place corn mixture on salad plate. 

3. Combine mushroom mixture in a small ramekin or bowl. Microwave for 30 sec. Drain water. Place mushroom mixture on plate. 

4. Sprinkle everything with a little chili powder. (optional) 

Notes:
Recipe source: ahappyharvest




No comments:

Post a Comment