As you can tell by my pictures sometimes I get a little creative with my breakfast. If your looking for a Halloween oatmeal for your kids or yourself this will surely get you excited! Today is apparently national oatmeal day so I decided to "dress up" my oats with it's own Halloween costume as a jack o'lantern. I think it's pretty cute!
Cute Jack o'lantern Oatmeal
Ingredients:1/2 cup quick rolled oats
1 tsp. nutiva chia seed
1/3 + 1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp. all natural peanut butter
2 Tbs. pumpkin apple butter
a handful of raisins (enough for your pumpkin)
sprinkle of cinnamon
1. In a microwave safe bowl combine oats, chia seeds, and 1/3 cup water. Microwave for 30 sec.
2. Pour in an additional 1 cup of water and microwave for 1 min.
3. Push in a large pumpkin cookie cutter.
4. Combine peanut and pumpkin apple butter. Put it in a small ziplock bag and cut nip.
5. Outline the pumpkin with pumpkin peanut butter mixture.
6. Outline the pumpkin and make a jack o'lantern face with raisins. Take two almonds and one raisin to make the trunk and leaves.
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon and use any leftover pumpkin peanut butter mixture.
Recipe source: ahappyharvest