When I was in fifth-grade my school had this "healthy activity" afternoon. We danced to a video game, did a nutrition activity, and they had a drawing to a cookbook that I happened to win. My family adapted this artichoke bake from the cookbook called "Celebrate." It's full of recipes for celebrations! You can always celebrate with healthy and delicious food. Especially when you have this bake at a party!
Artichoke Quinoa Bake
1/2 cup dry kroger quinoa
2 14 oz. cans artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz. can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup olive oil mayo or tahini
2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic salt
1. Cook 1/2 cup dry quinoa acording to packaged directions. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
3. Chop artichoke hearts into bite sized pieces.
4. In a medium bowl mix cooked quinoa, artichoke hearts, beans, mayo, nutritional yeast, paprika, and garlic salt.
5. Spread mixture in a 8 by 8 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 min. until slightly browned and bubbling.
Recipe source: ahappyharvest