Yesterday, my mom made this delicious dairy-free creamy potato broccoli soup! My mom and I cannot do dairy. We loved this soup and so did the rest of my family! Although, my brother and dad added cheese because they don't have any intolerance. This soup is cozy, comforting, and perfect for a cold fall/winter day! What is your favorite soup?!
Creamy Potato Broccoli Soup
Ingredients:4 russett potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 package frozen broccoli, using half
1/8-1/4 cup dairy-free butter (I use an olive oil spread)
2 Tbs. flour (your choice)
1 cup non dairy-milk (I used silk almond coconut milk)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. paprika
1. Place potatoes, onion, garlic, and carrot in a 4 quart pot with enough water to cover half way to the pan.
2. Boil for 15-25 min. until potatoes are tender.
3. While soup is cooking, microwave package of broccoli for 3 min. Take out half and pulse in a food processor until you have small chunks. Then add to soup.
4. In a skillet melt butter and flour over medium-heat. Slowly pour in a 1/4 cup of milk at a time until mixture becomes thick. (about 6-7 min.)
5. Turn soup to low heat and add mixture to soup. Then heat it up to medium until it becomes thick. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Recipe source: ahappyharvest