Monday, September 7, 2015

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Happy Labor Day! This morning I did a little celebration with some delicious carrot cake oatmeal! I was inspired by one of my friends on Instagram to put carrots in your oatmeal which gives it more volume and makes it taste sweet. I topped my oatmeal with silvered almonds, granola, raisins, and a sprinkle of cinnamon!

  Today for Labor Day I will be having a bar-b-que with my family and grandparents. I hope to also find something fun to do. Have a great day!




Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Servings:

Ingredients:
Oatmeal:
1/2 cup quick rolled oats
1 tsp. truvia or 1 tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup water 
1  cup unsweetened almond milk or water
1 carrot, grated
Toppings:
1/2 Tbs. silvered almonds
1/2 Tbs. raisins
sprinkle of cinnamon 

Directions:
1. In a microwave safe bowl combine oats, choice of sweetener, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup water. Put in the microwave for 30 sec.

2. Add 1 cup of milk and and put it back in the microwave for 30 sec. to 1 min. Add grated carrot and stir. 

3. Add toppings and enjoy! 

Notes:
Recipe source: ahappyharvest

No comments:

Post a Comment