When I think of spring I think of lemons and bright cheerful colors! This granola is just that! The perfect amount of lemon citrus make this bright bowl of lemon poppyseed granola! I don't know about you but, I LOVE granola! It's kind of an obsession. Especially this granola! Which tastes like the lemon poppyseed cookie but, as granola for breakfast! Perfect on smoothies, nice cream, oatmeal, salads, yogurt, or by itself!
Lemon Poppyseed Granola
Servings: 8 (1/4 cup)
2 cups rolled oats*
1 Tbs. poppyseed
3 Tbs. water
1/3 cup truvia baking blend or 1/3 cup honey
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
zest of 2 lemon, divided
2 lemon, juiced and divided
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheight.
2. Combine oats and poppyseed in a mixing bowl.
3. In a small bowl combine water, truvia, vanilla extract, 1 lemon zest, and lemon juice.
4. Mix lemon mixture and oats together.
5. Place granola directly on top of a cookie sheet. Bake granola for 20 min.
6. Top granola with the other lemon zest, juice, and an addition 1 tsp. Truvia. Bake for 3-5 min.
7. Let cool and store in a small closed container.
* Use gluten-free or regular rolled oats.
Recipe source: ahappyharvest