Monday, November 30, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal

   Who doesn't like cinnamon rolls?! I don't think I've ever met someone who hasn't. As I woke up this morning I wanted to make a fancy breakfast! I decide to make a cinnamon roll oatmeal and I couldn't be more happy! I topped my oatmeal with a dairy-free icing. All together this was very delicious!



Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal 
Servings: 1

Ingredients:
Oatmeal:
1/2 cup quick rolled oats
1 Tbs. raisins 
1 cup + 1/3 cup water or dairy-free milk
1/2 tsp. truvia
1/4 tsp. cinnamon 
Icing:
1 tsp. dairy-free butter or cream cheese (I used an olive oil spread) 
1 Tbs. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. dairy-free milk
Additional raisins (optional)

Directions: 
1. In a microwave safe bowl combine oats, raisins, and 1 cup of water. Microwave for 1 min. 

2. Stir in an additional 1/3 cup water, truvia, molasses, and cinnamon. Microwave for 45 sec.

3. In a ramekin or small bowl mix together icing ingredients.  

4. Place icing in a small ziplock bag and cut tip. Make a swirl with the icing. Add more raisins inside the swirl if desired. 

Notes: 
Recipe source: ahappyharvest


No comments:

Post a Comment