This week we made "cheesy" Risotto. It's a staple that we have about twice a month and never gets old. We usually have leftovers and this picture is some of that. Not only is this Risotto delicious but, it's also great with company. To make this "cheesy" you have a choice of nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese for a non-vegan option. Either way is great! Bon-appetit!!
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 Tbs. olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups arborio rice or brown rice
4-5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/4-1/3 cup nutritional yeast or grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and onion on high. Cook until onions are clear.
2. Put in arborio rice and keep stirring for 1 1/2 min.
3. Add 1 cup vegetable broth and stir it through rice. Let it sit on medium heat for 3 min. When liquid evaporates add 1 more cup of broth.
4. Keep stirring every 3-5 min adding 1 cup of broth for 25 min. until evaporated.
5. Add white pepper and "cheese" of choice. Stir until incorporated and serve.
Recipe source: ahappyharvest