Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lavender Coconut Oil Lip Balm

I love lip balm and chap stick. I even have a collection. Although, my lips have never been so soft for the whole day until I used this lip balm! I gave some to my grandma and she keeps saying how much she LOVES it! She said it's so good I should sell it. While I was making this lip balm; my kitchen was smelling so yummy! It makes you think of the Caribbean with the aroma of the coconut oil and lavender.  Not only is this lip balm fantastic but, it's also makes a great gift! Below are the step by step photos of this amazing lip balm. If you're not a fan of lavender you could substitute your favorite essential oil.




Lavender Coconut Oil Lip Balm
Makes: 10-12 containers 
  • 1/4 cup (2 oz.) shredded beeswax 
  • 6 Tbs. coconut oil 
  • 2 Vitamin E capsules, cut open (optional, if you want the vitamins) 
  • 10 drops of Lavender essential oil (or your favorite essential oil brand) 
  • Lip balm or lip stick containers (You can get these at local craft stores.)


Add beeswax and coconut oil to a double boiler over medium heat. Stir it occasionally until it's completely melted. 




Remove from heat and add the Vitamin E capsules (optional) and lavender essential oil.  





Carefully pour into lip balm containers - be careful it's hot!  
Let them cool until firm, and they are ready to use. Easy as that! 


Notes: 
Tutorial source: adapted from overthrowmartha




No comments:

Post a Comment