Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Falafel Lettuce Wraps

Yesterday, I went on a trip. That is a mediterranean trip! I made some falafel lettuce wraps and they were delicious. I used the rest of my classic tribe hummus to make a sauce. I haven't had falafel in so long and I forgot how delicious they are! I know most people don't like falafel but, these falafel have a mild flavor so I know you'll like them. I can't wait to go on another mediterranean trip to get my falafel fix!




Falafel Lettuce Wraps
Servings: makes 3 wraps 

Ingredients: 
Lettuce wraps:
3 romaine lettuce leaves
3 cilantro leaves
1 carrot, sliced
1/3 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
1 Tbs. pepitas (pumpkin seeds) 
Sauce:
1 Tbs. hummus 
1 Tbs. water 
pinch of curry 

Directions: 
1. On a plate lay three lettuce wraps and place two falafel on each wrap. Lay each cilantro leaf on each wrap. 

2. Place tomatoes, carrots, and pepitas on each wrap. 

3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the sauce and top each wrap with sauce. Enjoy! 

Notes:
Recipe source: ahappyharvest



No comments:

Post a Comment