Thursday, August 27, 2015

Veggie Bean Bowl

Sometimes the best food are fresh garden goodies! The past two weeks I've been having fresh green beans from my garden which my family and I love! I made a delicious veggie bean bowl using my fresh green beans and a lot of leftovers. It was great! It was very simple to make and has great flavor. Today my mango is finally ripened and I look forward to buying some tomatoes and making some mango salsa! What are some of your favorite garden goodies?!






Veggie Bean Bowl
Servings: 1

Ingredients:
Green beans:
1/2 cup green beans, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/3 cup water
Beans:
1/2 cup white beans
2 Tbs. cilantro, chopped
1/8 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Topping:
2 Tbs. hummus ( I used tribe classic hummus)
Fresh cracked pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a medium skillet spray nonstick cooking pray. Cook green bean ingredients until onions are see through and green beans are slightly tender. 

2. Place green beans in one side of a bowl. Meanwhile, cook bean ingredients In the same skillet until warm. 

3. Place beans in the other side of the bowl. Top with hummus and pepper. 


Notes:
Recipe source: ahappyharvest






No comments:

Post a Comment