Tuesday, August 4, 2015

PB & Strawberry Chia Seed Jam Oatmeal

One of my favorite foods is peanut butter! I eat it everyday with a spoon or on top of other foods like this delicious oatmeal! This oatmeal reminds me of my grade school days when my mom would make me PB&J sandwiches. I got a little creative this morning and made my first chia seed jam. It was delicious and I will definitely be making it again! It was was so nice to have my "peanut butter jam time" this morning!



PB & Strawberry Chia Seed Jam Oatmeal
Servings:

Ingredients: 
Oatmeal:
1/2 cup quick rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water, divided
Jam:
2 strawberries 
1 Tbs. chia seeds
1/2 tsp. honey or agave 
PB:
2 heaping tsp. natural peanut butter 


Directions:
1. In a microwave safe bowl combine oats and 1/2 cup of milk or water. Put the oatmeal in the
microwave for 30 min. then stir. Pour the rest of the remaining milk or water in the oatmeal and cook
for an additional 1 min. in the microwave. 

2. Meanwhile, in a ramekin or small bowl mush the strawberries with a fork. Add the chia seeds and honey. Stir all together and place in the freezer for 3-5 min. until it makes a gel. 

3. Top the oatmeal with jam and peanut butter. Enjoy! 

Notes:
Recipe Source: ahappyharvest

No comments:

Post a Comment