Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Spaghetti Squash Tomato Basil Bake

In my family me, my grandma, and my sister love spaghett squash! When I was at my grandma's house I knew we had to make something with spaghetti squash. This spaghetti squash bake is DELICIOUS! It is so flavorful with the basil and garlic! I hope you enjoy this spaghetti squash bake as much as we did! 



Spaghetti Squash Tomato Basil Bake
Servings: 5-6

Ingredients:
1 medium spaghetti squash
Olive oil cooking spray
2 cloves garlic, minced 
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup diced onion 
2 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the stems off of your spaghetti squash, then turn the squash lengthwise and slice with a long sharp knife. Remove seeds and innards. 

2. Spray each half with cooking spray and add minced garlic evenly. 

3. Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce in smaller half and 1/3 cup tomato sauce in bigger half. 

4. Top each half evenly with cherry tomatoes, onion, basil, salt and pepper. 

5. Bake the spaghetti squash for 45-60 minutes on a lined baking sheet until bubbly and fork tender. 

6. Use a fork and spoon to separate squash strands and scoop out mixture into a serving bowl and stir. Top squash with more dried basil, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast if desired.  

Notes:
Recipe Source: ahappyharvest






No comments:

Post a Comment