In my family me, my grandma, and my sister love spaghett squash! When I was at my grandma's house I knew we had to make something with spaghetti squash. This spaghetti squash bake is DELICIOUS! It is so flavorful with the basil and garlic! I hope you enjoy this spaghetti squash bake as much as we did!
Spaghetti Squash Tomato Basil Bake
1 medium spaghetti squash
Olive oil cooking spray
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup diced onion
2 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the stems off of your spaghetti squash, then turn the squash lengthwise and slice with a long sharp knife. Remove seeds and innards.
2. Spray each half with cooking spray and add minced garlic evenly.
3. Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce in smaller half and 1/3 cup tomato sauce in bigger half.
4. Top each half evenly with cherry tomatoes, onion, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Bake the spaghetti squash for 45-60 minutes on a lined baking sheet until bubbly and fork tender.
6. Use a fork and spoon to separate squash strands and scoop out mixture into a serving bowl and stir. Top squash with more dried basil, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast if desired.
Recipe Source: ahappyharvest