Saturday, October 17, 2015

Apple Harvest Salad

   This Apple Harvest Salad is so good! It's perfect to eat by yourself, with a friend, on a picnic, or on a date. It's packed with nutrient rich veggies, fruits, beans, and a delicious hummus dressing. I was so pleased how well it tasted all together and I know you will too!

   Yesterday, I went on a beautiful walk with my brother and I wish I brought my camera. It was beautiful...maybe next time. One thing I have noticed since I have chose to eat nutrient rich foods is that I'm properly fueled for fun family walks/exercise, I hardly get sick, and I'm more happy. It's amazing what a healthy body can do for you physically and mentally. Have a wonderful weekend! 



Apple Harvest Salad
Servings: 1-2 

Ingredients: 
Salad:
1 gala apple, chopped and sliced
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 Tbs. green onions, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped 
5 raspberries
1/8 cup pinto beans 
Dressing:
1 Tbs. water
1/4 tsp. mrs dash seasoning

Directions: 
1. Cut the apple in half. Chop one half and slice the other. Set aside.

2. Combine chopped lettuce, green onions, carrot, and apple. Top the salad with raspberries, pinto beans, and sliced apple. 

3. In a ramekin or cup combine dressing ingredients. Pour on top of salad. Enjoy! 

Notes:
Recipe source: ahappyharvest

No comments:

Post a Comment